Complete Guideline To Delete Immuni Ransomware From System
Immuni Ransomware is a kind of highly dangerous crypto-malware that has been designed by vicious hackers to encrypt important files on targeted PCs and ask the victims for ransom in exchange of a private decryption key. This pernicious threat mainly attacks devices running on Windows operating systems and can compromise all versions of Windows including Win Vista, Server, Me, NT, XP, 7,8/8.1 and the most recent one Win 10. And hence, doesn’t manner which version of Windows OS you are using, you can be a victim of this deadly ransomware. Similar to other file-encrypting viruses, it also often gets silent intrusion into the targeted systems without users’ approval and then conducts a series of malicious deeds in the background.
Know More About Immuni Ransomware:
Immuni Ransomware is a very harmful computer infection that can infect almost all types of files stored inside the infected computer including images, documents, PDFs, videos, audios, presentations etc. It uses a strong cryptography to lock your crucial data and appends a unique extension with the name of each of them. The enciphered files can be easily identified because of the weird extension. After completing the file encryption process, this hazardous threat puts a ransom note on the desktop and informs you about the unpleasant situation. It also provides you the data-recovery instruction stating that to unlock the encrypted files, you need to buy the decryption tool/key from the attackers.
For more details, the ransom note asks you to contact the Immuni Ransomware authors via the email address provided with it. At the end, you might have to pay the attackers a ransom amount of $200 to $1500 that has to be paid in BitCoins or any other digital currency. Initially upon getting installed, this precarious ransomware alters the default registry settings by making vicious entries in it which allows the threat to get automatically activated with every time the machine is started. After that, it scans all the folders in search of the data that are in its target list and once detected such files, encodes them eventually.
Should You Pay The Ransom?
Although, it is true that files locked by Immuni Ransomware can’t be accessed without using the decryption software bit still, there is no need to deal with the hackers. It has been tendency of such criminals that they often disappear once the payment is made and cause victims to lose both files as well as money. At various occasions, crooks deliver rogue software to the victimized people in the name of decryption tool which upon getting installed, causes even more damages to the PC system. So, never make any sort of payment to the hackers no matter what circumstance is. Paying ransom to the attackers will only convince them to drop more such infections in the work-station for further income.
What Should The Victims Do?
If you are an affected user, the first thing you need to do here is to remove Immuni Ransomware from the computer without wasting any time before it compromises your other essential files. As far as restoring the infected data is concerned, use a backup if you have saved on any external drive. However, the problem here is that not all people have appropriate backups. So, in such case, you should use a strong data-recovery application as this is the only option left for the victims. Moreover, security experts highly advise to keep making regular backups that can be very helpful in retrieving the infected or lost files if such hazardous situation takes place whenever.
Intrusion of Immuni Ransomware In Your Computer:
There are several illusive tactics through which such kind of file-encrypting viruses sneak into the targeted PCs. Some of them are: spam email campaigns, torrent or porn sites, peer to peer file sharing, bundled free applications, cracked software, suspicious websites, shareware and so on. However, the most common method to spread Ransomware infections is still spam emails. In this spam campaign, Cyber actors send you emails that are disguised as ‘important’ or ‘crucial’. However, they contain vicious attachments in forms of Ms Office documents, exe files, archive files, PDF files etc. which automatically get triggered and leads to the malware intrusion as soon as you click on it.
And hence, to prevent your system from being infected by Immuni Ransomware or other similar infections, it is necessary to be very careful while opening suspicious mails as you never know what they are bringing to your device. Delete all the emails from the machine that look questioning. Also, download any program from reliable or official sites only and always select “Custom/Advanced” option while installing the application as this configuration mode allow you to untick the tools that give a concerning look and choose only the main software.
Name: Immuni Ransomware
Type: Ransomware, Crypto-virus
Description- Destructive malware that aims to encrypt users’ crucial files and then ask them to pay off for the decryption key/tool.
Symptoms: Users can not open files available on their desktop, previously functional files now have different extensions, A ransom demanding message is displayed on the desktop screen. Users are asked to pay an amount of ransom to unlock their encoded data and files.
Distribution methods: Torrent websites, spam emails, peer to peer network sharing, unofficial activation and updating tools.
Damage: All files are encrypted and cannot be accessed without paying ransom, Additional password stealing Trojans and malware infections can be installed along with ransomware infections and other malware.
Removal: To remove this virus from the system, we advise you to use a reliable anti-malware tool. Once malware gets removed, you can recover your files by using existing backup or data-recovery software.
Removal of Immuni Ransomware:
Apart from locking your important data, Immuni Ransomware also creates tons of junk files in the internal memory of your computer which consumes huge amount of memory resources and slows down the overall computer performance drastically. It has ability to disable the working of all the running security measures and Windows Firewalls and make the machine vulnerable for more notorious infections. This hazardous threat may easily bring other Online parasites such as trojans, rootkits, worms, adware, spyware etc. in your work-station and turn the device into a malware-hub. It messes with vital system files which assure efficient computer functioning and prevents many running apps as well as drivers from working normally. And hence, to prevent all these hazards from being occurred, you must remove Immuni Ransomware from the computer as early as possible.
In order to remove Immuni Ransomware, follow any of the two steps:
- Remove Immuni Ransomware using “Safe Mode with Networking”
- Remove Immuni Ransomware using “System Restore”
Remove Immuni Ransomware using Safe Mode with Networking
Step 1: Restart the system in Safe Mode with Networking before you attempt to eliminate Immuni Ransomware.
- Click Start > Shutdown > Restart > Ok
- Wait till the computer becomes active
- After the Windows screen appear, start pressing F8 multiple times until you see Advanced Boot Options Window
- Select Safe Mode Networking from the list
Windows 10/Windows 8
- Press the Power button on Windows login screen and then press and hold Shift button on the keyboard
- Then, click on Restart
- Now, Select Troubleshoot> Advanced options> Start up settings and finally press Restart
- When computer becomes active, click Enable Safe Mode with Networking in startup settings Window
Step 2: Remove Immuni Ransomware
Login to the infected device, start the browser and download Spyhunter or other legit anti-virus program. Before performing system scan, update it and remove the malicious files belong to the ransomware and then complete the Immuni Ransomware removal.
If the ransomware has blocked the Safe Mode with Networking, try further method.
Remove Immuni Ransomware using System Restore
This feature offers the ability to restore the device to the previous state.
Step 1: Reboot the device with Safe Mode with Command Prompt
- Click Start> Shutdown > Restart >OK
- When system becomes active, press F8 button multiple times till Advanced Boot options Window appear
- Select Command Prompt from the list
Windows 10/Windows 8
- Press the Power button at the Windows login screen and then press and hold Shift button on the keyboard and click Restart
- Select Troubleshoot > Advanced options > Startup Settings and finally press Restart
- Once the computer becomes active, select the Enable Safe Mode with Command Prompt in Startup settings Window
Step 2: Restore the system files and settings
- Once the Command Prompt Window shows up, enter cd restore and click Enter
2. Now, type rstrui.exe and press Enter
3. In the opened Window, click “Next”
4. Select the zonal point that is prior the infiltration of Immuni Ransomware. After doing this, click “Next”
5. Now click yes to Start System restore
Once you restore the system to the previous data, download and scan the device some reputable antivirus tool such as Spyhunter to ensure that Immuni Ransomware removal is performed successfully.
You can use Windows Previous Version feature to restore the individual files that were affected. This method will be the effective one if the System Restore function was enabled on the compromised device.
Note that, some of the Immuni Ransomware variants are known to delete Shadow Volume Copies of the files, and therefore, this method is not the sure shot for the data recovery.
SpyHunter is an anti-malware tool that scans the device for searching and identifying malware attacks, block malware, adware, spyware and other potentially unwanted applications. Its scanning algorithm and programming logics are continually updated and therefore it tactics the latest malware infections as well.
More about Spyhunter
SpyHunter is a very advanced scanning architecture. It features multi layered system scanner that helps it on detecting old as well as new viruses. It provides an option to customize the scans as well. Its other helpful feature includes the cloud based capability for detecting highly advanced and sophisticated malware and providing complete protection from it. It also offers the feature of scanning the particular drivers or folders, previous scan log view, manage the quarantined objects and also pick that objects that you wish to be excluded from the future scan.
The antivirus tool especially focused son taking quick action on the newly detected threats. Its real time blocking capability helps you to prevent the attacks, downloads and installation of any kinds of kinds and removing most aggressive malware. It has special feature to perform system booting in customized environment and remediate malware at the lower level of the system. Most importantly, Spyhunter scans the cookies that are possibly representing privacy issues.
Instructions to Download and Install the latest Spyhunter 5
- You can simply download Sphunter from link given below.
- After the download, you will see SpyHunter-Installer.exe file on the browsers at the bottom-left corner. Double-click on it to open it:
- Confirm With “Yes” on the User Account Control
- Choose the Preferred language
- Click Continue to precede the installation steps
- Now the installation process will begin. Wait, till the process is completed. It takes a few minutes
- Once the process is completed, you will see a Finish Click on it to complete the process of installation of the application.
Steps to perform System Scan using SpyHunter
- After the application installation, the SpyHunter 5 anti-malware tool will launch automatically. However, if it does not, then locate the SpyHunter icon on the desktop or click Start > Programs > Select SpyHunter.
- On the application page, you will find home tab on the left top corner. Click on it and select Start Scan Now button. The antivirus tool will then start the scanning for threats and system vulnerabilities
- The scanning results will show system errors, vulnerabilities and malware found, if any
Note: To continue and perform the detected threats, you require full product. Below, the step-by-step instruction to register for the SpyHunter is provided for you:
How to Register for SpyHunter
On the top right corner of the program window, there is a Register option. Click on it and follow the instructions
- Once you have registered, you will be provided Username and Password. Click on the Account Tab of the settings section and enter the provided username and password. Thereafter, you can avail the full feature of the app for your computer
- SpyHunter will provide the scanning results in a category wise such as Malware, PUPs, Privacy, Vulnerabilities and Whitelisted objects -as you see below
- Select the objects that you would like to remove and click the Next button
The selected objects will go SpyHunter’s Quarantine and so you can easily restore it anytime through Restore feature.
- To locate any object
Go to Malware/PC Scan tab and click on Quarantine tab
In this section, select the checkbox at the left of the object and click on the Restore button
- To perform removal of an object
Just select the object on the checkbox at the left displayed in the Malware PUPs or Privacy tabs. This allows you select and deselect all objects displayed on specific tab.
Steps to restore individual files
To restore a file, right click over it, go into the properties and select the previous version tab. If this file has the Restore Point, select it and click on Restore button
You should boot your device using a rescue disk, in case you are not able to start your device in Safe Mode with Networking (or with Command Prompt). For this you require access to another computer.
To gain control over the Immuni Ransomware encrypted files, you can use a program called Shadow Explorer.
More on Shadow Explorer application
After installing this application, you will see the shortcut of it to the desktop in the start menu. Running this app does not require administrative privileges from version 0.5. But in certain circumstances, it can be helpful to run ShadowExplorer with elevated privileges -using right click, run as administrator.
- When you install the app as administrator, first thing you see is the user account control screen requesting administrator privileges
- This is the picture of the app when everything works correctly
- From the drop down list, select one of the available point in the time Shadow Copies
- You can export any file or folder by a right click on it
- Then, choose a folder where you want those files from t he Shadow Copy are saved to
- The image shows the status of the retrieval process
- The app may ask for your confirmation before overwriting in case if a file or folder in the destination directly already exists. Click on Do not show this dialog box, after this it won’t be shown ever again
- You will be given an reset the previous decision as well in the settings dialog
Important discussion: Now, you are familiar with ransomware and its impact on the infected PC. What we mean to say that the ransomware viruses are said to be deadly threats. And therefore, better for you to take adequate protection to avoid the attacks on your work station. For safety, you should use some reputable antivirus suite like Spyhunter that artificially implants the group policy objects into the registry to block rogue apps like Immuni Ransomware.
Note that in Windows 10 Fall Creators Update, you will get a unique feature called Controlled Folder Access that blocks ransomware attempts to encrypt the crucial files like Documents, Pictures, Videos, Music, Favorites and Desktop folders.
Thus, Windows 10 users should take this privilege and must install the update to protect their data ransomware attacks. To know more on how to get this update and add an additional protection layer from ransomware infection, click here.
How to recover the data encrypted by Immuni Ransomware?
We have already discussed two important data recovery methods, i.e., the System Restore and Shadow Volume Copies. Hope so, these methods work in your case. However, if these options are not enough for you for the data recovery, you need to switch to another data recovery option that is use the data recovery tool. Such tools work on the basis of system scanning and recovery algorithm. They operate by searching the partitions to locate the original files (deleted, corrupted or damaged by the malware). Before using this option, certain things you should keep in mind:
- Do not re-install the Windows OS -this leads the previous copies permanently deleted
- Clean the work station from Immuni Ransomware infection
- Leave the files as they are
Follow these instructions:
- Download the data recovery software in the Work-station from the link below
- Execute the installer by clicking on the downloaded files
3. You will see a license agreement page on the screen, click on Accept button to agree its terms to use and then follow the on-screen instruction and then click on Finish button
4. The programs executes automatically after the install. You just select the file types that you want to recover and click on the “Next” button
5. Select the drive on which you want the software to run, execute the recovery process and click on scan button
6. The restoration process begins soon you select the file types for scanning. The process may take times depending on the selected drive and number of files. Once this process gets completed, a preview for the data that are to be recovered appears on a data explorer screen. Here, select the files you want to restore.
7. After this, locate the locations where you want to save the recovered files