Know How To Restore Files from Sext ransomware
Sext ransomware is the latest file encryption or crypto-virus that belongs to the Ransomware family. It is mainly designed to encrypt data of the targeted System and demands ransom for the decryption. It was discovered and distributed by the team of cyber hacker with the sole motive to extort huge ransom for the decryption. It gets installed into the targeted system without any concern. It locks or encrypts data with a very Strong RSA encryption algorithm. It also makes the encrypted data completely inaccessible by the appended with a .sext extension in to the all encrypted files. After completed the encryption process, it creates ransom note named HELP_DECRYPT_YOUR_FILES.txt and drops on the all compromised files.
The ransom note HELP_DECRYPT_YOUR_FILES.txt explained that their all files are encrypted by the strong encryption algorithm therefore accessing even single fie is impossible. The only method to restore or recover file is to purchase the unique decryption key from the Cyber-criminal. In order to know how to pay ransom for the decryption victim are require to contact the criminals via email [email protected] with their unique assigned personal ID. The price of the decryption key is $600 and the ransom must be submitted in crypto currency BItcoin to their crypto-wallet. Before the paying ransom victim can test decryption is possible after payment by the send upto 3 files for free decryption. The file does not contain any valuable data and files and the total size of the file must less than 1 MB. The ransom note end with a threaten message, try to rename the file or attempt recover files by the using third party recovery tool might cause permanent data loss.
The whole criminal ransom note in files HELP_DECRYPT_YOUR_FILES.txt reads:
Oops All Of your important files were encrypted Like document pictures videos etc..
Don’t worry, you can return all your files!
All your files, documents, photos, databases and other important files are encrypted by a strond encryption.
How to recover files?
RSA is a asymetric cryptographic algorithm, you need one key for encryption and one key for decryption so you
need private key to recover your files. It’s not possible to recover files without private key.
The only method of recovering files is to purchase an unique private key. Only we can give you this key and only
we can recover your files.
What guarantees you have ?
As evidence, you can send us 1 file to decrypt by email We will send you a recovery file Prove that we can
decrypt your file
Please You must follow these steps carefully to decrypt your files:
Send $600 worth of bitcoin to wallet: 15zw6QrCbd5r8CD2eySMoTktstuEgD1Dzs
after payment ,we will send you Decryptor software
contact email: [email protected]
Your personal ID:
Distribution Method of Sext ransomware:
Sext ransomware distributed into the System via various intrusive distribution methods. Some of the most common methods are given below.
- Opening email scan: Cyber-criminal send out thousands of email with malicious attachments and infectious hyperlinks. Malicious attachments can be into various formats like as word, documents, text, zip, and archer and so on. Opening such email might cause the infiltration of malicious infections.
- Freeware download: Download and install program especially freeware program from third party download channels with carelessness or skip custom or advance setting offers to the installation of malware.
- Fake Updates: Download or update system software from unofficial site or irrelevant sources cause the execution of malicious script that leads infections.
- Peer to Peer sharing files: sharing files through peer to peer platforms like as Bit torrent, eMule, Gnutel
How To Protect your System from Sext ransomware:
It is highly recommended, do not open email attachments if seems suspicious. Do not receive email which sent from unknown sender. Try to verify the sender name and address. Always scan your email attachments with a proper antivirus app before opening or downloading them. Verify the program it is safe or note before downloading them. Do not download and install program from third party download channels. Always use official and trustworthy download channels. It is important to read their installation guide carefully as well as select custom or advance options. Update the System software from relevant sources or direct links. It is important to scan your PC with automatic removal tool. If your system is already infected by this nasty infection we are highly advice scan your PC with reputable antimalware tool to remove Sext ransomware automatic from your PC.
Should Victim pay Ransom?
It is highly recommended, do not pay ransom money to the hacker because there is no any guaranteed that they will get back all files after received ransom money. Once you pay then they demands more. In most of the cases cyber criminal close all the communication once received money. In this way victim can not only lose their data but ransom money too. They also delete all the security software like as firewall and block the restore points because cyber criminal do not want to get back files.
How To Restore files from Sext ransomware:
Paying money to the hacker is risky and wastage money and time. There is not guaranteed they will return all the files after received ransom money. In most of the cases victim who pay ransom money they got scammed. If your System file is already infected with this Ransomware and you want to access or restore files. Before try to recover files victim have to remove Sext ransomware completely from System by using automatic removal tool. After that try to restore data and files by using backup files or third party recovery Software.
Name: Sext ransomware
Type: Ransomware, File Virus
Appended Extension: .sext
Ransom Note: HELP_DECRYPT_YOUR_FILES.txt
Ransom Amount: 600 USD
Criminal BTC Wallet: 15zw6QrCbd5r8CD2eySMoTktstuEgD1Dzs
Criminal email address: [email protected]
Distribution: spam email attachments, Updating Fake Software, freeware download
Removal: To eliminate this infection we are highly advice scan your PC with automatic removal tool.
Recover: victim can restore or recover files by backup or third party recovery software.
In order to remove Sext ransomware, follow any of the two steps:
- Remove Sext ransomware using “Safe Mode with Networking”
- Remove Sext ransomware using “System Restore”
Remove Sext ransomware using Safe Mode with Networking
Step 1: Restart the system in Safe Mode with Networking before you attempt to eliminate Sext ransomware.
- Click Start > Shutdown > Restart > Ok
- Wait till the computer becomes active
- After the Windows screen appear, start pressing F8 multiple times until you see Advanced Boot Options Window
- Select Safe Mode Networking from the list
Windows 10/Windows 8
- Press the Power button on Windows login screen and then press and hold Shift button on the keyboard
- Then, click on Restart
- Now, Select Troubleshoot> Advanced options> Start up settings and finally press Restart
- When computer becomes active, click Enable Safe Mode with Networking in startup settings Window
Step 2: Remove Sext ransomware
Login to the infected device, start the browser and download Spyhunter or other legit anti-virus program. Before performing system scan, update it and remove the malicious files belong to the ransomware and then complete the Sext ransomware removal.
If the ransomware has blocked the Safe Mode with Networking, try further method.
Remove Sext ransomware using System Restore
This feature offers the ability to restore the device to the previous state.
Step 1: Reboot the device with Safe Mode with Command Prompt
- Click Start> Shutdown > Restart >OK
- When system becomes active, press F8 button multiple times till Advanced Boot options Window appear
- Select Command Prompt from the list
Windows 10/Windows 8
- Press the Power button at the Windows login screen and then press and hold Shift button on the keyboard and click Restart
- Select Troubleshoot > Advanced options > Startup Settings and finally press Restart
- Once the computer becomes active, select the Enable Safe Mode with Command Prompt in Startup settings Window
Step 2: Restore the system files and settings
- Once the Command Prompt Window shows up, enter cd restore and click Enter
2. Now, type rstrui.exe and press Enter
3. In the opened Window, click “Next”
4. Select the zonal point that is prior the infiltration of Sext ransomware. After doing this, click “Next”
5. Now click yes to Start System restore
Once you restore the system to the previous data, download and scan the device some reputable antivirus tool such as Spyhunter to ensure that Sext ransomware removal is performed successfully.
You can use Windows Previous Version feature to restore the individual files that were affected. This method will be the effective one if the System Restore function was enabled on the compromised device.
Note that, some of the Sext ransomware variants are known to delete Shadow Volume Copies of the files, and therefore, this method is not the sure shot for the data recovery.
SpyHunter is an anti-malware tool that scans the device for searching and identifying malware attacks, block malware, adware, spyware and other potentially unwanted applications. Its scanning algorithm and programming logics are continually updated and therefore it tactics the latest malware infections as well.
More about Spyhunter
SpyHunter is a very advanced scanning architecture. It features multi layered system scanner that helps it on detecting old as well as new viruses. It provides an option to customize the scans as well. Its other helpful feature includes the cloud based capability for detecting highly advanced and sophisticated malware and providing complete protection from it. It also offers the feature of scanning the particular drivers or folders, previous scan log view, manage the quarantined objects and also pick that objects that you wish to be excluded from the future scan.
The antivirus tool especially focused son taking quick action on the newly detected threats. Its real time blocking capability helps you to prevent the attacks, downloads and installation of any kinds of kinds and removing most aggressive malware. It has special feature to perform system booting in customized environment and remediate malware at the lower level of the system. Most importantly, Spyhunter scans the cookies that are possibly representing privacy issues.
Instructions to Download and Install the latest Spyhunter 5
- You can simply download Sphunter from link given below.
- After the download, you will see SpyHunter-Installer.exe file on the browsers at the bottom-left corner. Double-click on it to open it:
- Confirm With “Yes” on the User Account Control
- Choose the Preferred language
- Click Continue to precede the installation steps
- Now the installation process will begin. Wait, till the process is completed. It takes a few minutes
- Once the process is completed, you will see a Finish Click on it to complete the process of installation of the application.
Steps to perform System Scan using SpyHunter
- After the application installation, the SpyHunter 5 anti-malware tool will launch automatically. However, if it does not, then locate the SpyHunter icon on the desktop or click Start > Programs > Select SpyHunter.
- On the application page, you will find home tab on the left top corner. Click on it and select Start Scan Now button. The antivirus tool will then start the scanning for threats and system vulnerabilities
- The scanning results will show system errors, vulnerabilities and malware found, if any
Note: To continue and perform the detected threats, you require full product. Below, the step-by-step instruction to register for the SpyHunter is provided for you:
How to Register for SpyHunter
On the top right corner of the program window, there is a Register option. Click on it and follow the instructions
- Once you have registered, you will be provided Username and Password. Click on the Account Tab of the settings section and enter the provided username and password. Thereafter, you can avail the full feature of the app for your computer
- SpyHunter will provide the scanning results in a category wise such as Malware, PUPs, Privacy, Vulnerabilities and Whitelisted objects -as you see below
- Select the objects that you would like to remove and click the Next button
The selected objects will go SpyHunter’s Quarantine and so you can easily restore it anytime through Restore feature.
- To locate any object
Go to Malware/PC Scan tab and click on Quarantine tab
In this section, select the checkbox at the left of the object and click on the Restore button
- To perform removal of an object
Just select the object on the checkbox at the left displayed in the Malware PUPs or Privacy tabs. This allows you select and deselect all objects displayed on specific tab.
Steps to restore individual files
To restore a file, right click over it, go into the properties and select the previous version tab. If this file has the Restore Point, select it and click on Restore button
You should boot your device using a rescue disk, in case you are not able to start your device in Safe Mode with Networking (or with Command Prompt). For this you require access to another computer.
To gain control over the Sext ransomware encrypted files, you can use a program called Shadow Explorer.
More on Shadow Explorer application
After installing this application, you will see the shortcut of it to the desktop in the start menu. Running this app does not require administrative privileges from version 0.5. But in certain circumstances, it can be helpful to run ShadowExplorer with elevated privileges -using right click, run as administrator.
- When you install the app as administrator, first thing you see is the user account control screen requesting administrator privileges
- This is the picture of the app when everything works correctly
- From the drop down list, select one of the available point in the time Shadow Copies
- You can export any file or folder by a right click on it
- Then, choose a folder where you want those files from t he Shadow Copy are saved to
- The image shows the status of the retrieval process
- The app may ask for your confirmation before overwriting in case if a file or folder in the destination directly already exists. Click on Do not show this dialog box, after this it won’t be shown ever again
- You will be given an reset the previous decision as well in the settings dialog
Important discussion: Now, you are familiar with ransomware and its impact on the infected PC. What we mean to say that the ransomware viruses are said to be deadly threats. And therefore, better for you to take adequate protection to avoid the attacks on your work station. For safety, you should use some reputable antivirus suite like Spyhunter that artificially implants the group policy objects into the registry to block rogue apps like Sext ransomware.
Note that in Windows 10 Fall Creators Update, you will get a unique feature called Controlled Folder Access that blocks ransomware attempts to encrypt the crucial files like Documents, Pictures, Videos, Music, Favorites and Desktop folders.
Thus, Windows 10 users should take this privilege and must install the update to protect their data ransomware attacks. To know more on how to get this update and add an additional protection layer from ransomware infection, click here.
How to recover the data encrypted by Sext ransomware?
We have already discussed two important data recovery methods, i.e., the System Restore and Shadow Volume Copies. Hope so, these methods work in your case. However, if these options are not enough for you for the data recovery, you need to switch to another data recovery option that is use the data recovery tool. Such tools work on the basis of system scanning and recovery algorithm. They operate by searching the partitions to locate the original files (deleted, corrupted or damaged by the malware). Before using this option, certain things you should keep in mind:
- Do not re-install the Windows OS -this leads the previous copies permanently deleted
- Clean the work station from Sext ransomware infection
- Leave the files as they are
Follow these instructions:
- Download the data recovery software in the Work-station from the link below
- Execute the installer by clicking on the downloaded files
3. You will see a license agreement page on the screen, click on Accept button to agree its terms to use and then follow the on-screen instruction and then click on Finish button
4. The programs executes automatically after the install. You just select the file types that you want to recover and click on the “Next” button
5. Select the drive on which you want the software to run, execute the recovery process and click on scan button
6. The restoration process begins soon you select the file types for scanning. The process may take times depending on the selected drive and number of files. Once this process gets completed, a preview for the data that are to be recovered appears on a data explorer screen. Here, select the files you want to restore.
7. After this, locate the locations where you want to save the recovered files