Complete details about .bclaw file virus
.bclaw file virus is deemed as dangerous ransomware infection that gets inside your computer secretly using evil tricks and tactics. It first scans your entire computer and start encrypting your vital information with stored with extension such as .docx, ,xlsx, .pptx, .pst, .ost, .mp3, .mp4, .vob, .jpeg, .png, .gif, .sql, .html, .vob, .vlc, .wmv and others. As this malware bypasses protection and make place on your computer, it makes severe changes to default settings of computer. It gets tough for you to perform normal task both online and offline. The decryption of encrypted data is possible if you pay for demanded money by cyber hackers. .bclaw file virus demands you for big amount to get decryption key to unlock your files.
According to cyber researchers paying ransom money is not the solution you are looking for. It is only trap created by hackers to fool innocent users and make money online. It has ability to append .bclaw extension to every encrypted file without having your any permission. For example, if you have file on your PC named abc.jpeg on your computer, after encryption it gets altered with abc.jpeg.bclaw. This creepy threat also drops ransom note on your computer with name recover your files.hta. It provides you information on how to get decryption key by paying ransom amount to certain Bitcoin wallet. The ransom message by .bclaw file virus states that “All your files have been encrypted”. It uses RSA and AES encryption mechanism to target your computer. If you are looking to restore your encrypted data, it asks to contact cyber hacker via email at [email protected]
Besides, it asks you to send any of your one file less than 1 MB for free decryption. It is trick to gain trust of users and further demands for bigger ransom amount. You are asked to pay demanded ransom money within next 48 hours. If you deny paying this money or your time exceeds, it twice the amount demanded for ransom. It also locks your desktop screen and keeps showing false alert messages and notification. Most of installed security application finds difficult to detect and eliminate this threat due to its nature to change location and name. For smooth functioning of computer, it is necessary to take quick action to remove .bclaw file virus. If this malware stay for longer duration, you may have to suffer with other annoying troubles.
How to restore encrypted files?
The removal of .bclaw file virus from compromised PC only eliminates dangerous threat, it not allows to recover your encrypted files. In such condition, the use of backup file created earlier helps you to restore encrypted files with ease. In case, if there is no backup available then you can try for data recovery software. It helps you to restore eyour encrypted data in few simple mouse clicks.
Threat summary of .bclaw file virus
Category: Ransomware, Data locker virus
Danger level: Severe
Contact Email: [email protected]
Ransom Note file: recover your files.hta
Symptoms: All your stored data gets encryoted, desktop screen gets locked, gets difficult to perform normal tasks, changes desktop background and other vital settings without your permission
Entry Process: Targets your computer through spam or junk email attachments, visiting adult websites, shareware or freeware downloads, bundling process, using infected external storage device, etc
Removal Guide: The use of Spyhuter security tool allows you to scan your entire drive and search for malicious threat. If you find any doubtful threat, it is advised to eliminate soon.
Ransom message you face due to .bclaw file virus:
All your files have been encrypted!
All your files have been encrypted (WITH AES+RSA) due to a security problem with your PC. If you want to restore them, write us an email and attach one of encrypted files(less than 1mb): [email protected]
or send a message to our telegram account: T.me\B_Claw
in case of no anwser in 2 hours contact with us throught Telegram account T.me\B_Claw
Include this id in your message or email:
[redacted 10 lowercase alphanum]
YOU HAVE ONLY 48 HOURS TO CONTACT US. WHEN THIS TIME ENDS THE PRICE WILL BE TWICE AS MUCH
EXPIRED! THE PRICE IS TWICE AS MUCH NOW
# Free decryption as guarantee
Before paying you can send up to 1 file for free decryption.
# How to obtain Bitcoin
The easiest way to buy Bitcoin in Localbitcoins.com website.
Also you can find other places to buy Bitcoins and beginner guide here:
How .bclaw file virus makes entry on targeted computer?
Cyber hackers use several unethical and illegal tricks to take complete control over targeted PC by infecting them. Similar to other ransomware viruses, .bclaw file virus injects your PC with several methods such as spam or junk email attachments, visiting adult websites, shareware or freeware downloads, p2p sharing of files, bundling method and others. The junk email attachment is most common technique that hackers use to infect your PC. You will receive lots of emails from unknown source that comes with attachment in form of PDF, word, scripts, archive files such as exe, rar, zip and others. When you download and open such attached files, it adds malicious codes to targeted computer without your any permission. The emails hold attractive title such as important, priority, official, urgent and others. it is trick to let users open on malicious links on emails. You can avoid such emails to restrict .bclaw file virus and other similar threats entry on your computer.
How to remove .bclaw file virus completely?
There are two effective methods that can be processed for complete removal of this malware named as automati and manual. Automatic removal step includes use of Spyhunter security tool. It uses advcance mechanism and sophisticated technique to search for malicious threats. It has safe and effective process that not requires high technical skills to run the application. While manual process has complex and lengthy method that needs strong skills of registry entries and system files to end process safely. If you not have enough technical skills, it is suggested to avoid this method. Therefore, it is suggested to try for automatic guide for instant .bclaw file virus removal.
In order to remove .bclaw file virus, follow any of the two steps:
- Remove .bclaw file virus using “Safe Mode with Networking”
- Remove .bclaw file virus using “System Restore”
Remove .bclaw file virus using Safe Mode with Networking
Step 1: Restart the system in Safe Mode with Networking before you attempt to eliminate .bclaw file virus.
- Click Start > Shutdown > Restart > Ok
- Wait till the computer becomes active
- After the Windows screen appear, start pressing F8 multiple times until you see Advanced Boot Options Window
- Select Safe Mode Networking from the list
Windows 10/Windows 8
- Press the Power button on Windows login screen and then press and hold Shift button on the keyboard
- Then, click on Restart
- Now, Select Troubleshoot> Advanced options> Start up settings and finally press Restart
- When computer becomes active, click Enable Safe Mode with Networking in startup settings Window
Step 2: Remove .bclaw file virus
Login to the infected device, start the browser and download Spyhunter or other legit anti-virus program. Before performing system scan, update it and remove the malicious files belong to the ransomware and then complete the .bclaw file virus removal.
If the ransomware has blocked the Safe Mode with Networking, try further method.
Remove .bclaw file virus using System Restore
This feature offers the ability to restore the device to the previous state.
Step 1: Reboot the device with Safe Mode with Command Prompt
- Click Start> Shutdown > Restart >OK
- When system becomes active, press F8 button multiple times till Advanced Boot options Window appear
- Select Command Prompt from the list
Windows 10/Windows 8
- Press the Power button at the Windows login screen and then press and hold Shift button on the keyboard and click Restart
- Select Troubleshoot > Advanced options > Startup Settings and finally press Restart
- Once the computer becomes active, select the Enable Safe Mode with Command Prompt in Startup settings Window
Step 2: Restore the system files and settings
- Once the Command Prompt Window shows up, enter cd restore and click Enter
2. Now, type rstrui.exe and press Enter
3. In the opened Window, click “Next”
4. Select the zonal point that is prior the infiltration of .bclaw file virus. After doing this, click “Next”
5. Now click yes to Start System restore
Once you restore the system to the previous data, download and scan the device some reputable antivirus tool such as Spyhunter to ensure that .bclaw file virus removal is performed successfully.
You can use Windows Previous Version feature to restore the individual files that were affected. This method will be the effective one if the System Restore function was enabled on the compromised device.
Note that, some of the .bclaw file virus variants are known to delete Shadow Volume Copies of the files, and therefore, this method is not the sure shot for the data recovery.
SpyHunter is an anti-malware tool that scans the device for searching and identifying malware attacks, block malware, adware, spyware and other potentially unwanted applications. Its scanning algorithm and programming logics are continually updated and therefore it tactics the latest malware infections as well.
More about Spyhunter
SpyHunter is a very advanced scanning architecture. It features multi layered system scanner that helps it on detecting old as well as new viruses. It provides an option to customize the scans as well. Its other helpful feature includes the cloud based capability for detecting highly advanced and sophisticated malware and providing complete protection from it. It also offers the feature of scanning the particular drivers or folders, previous scan log view, manage the quarantined objects and also pick that objects that you wish to be excluded from the future scan.
The antivirus tool especially focused son taking quick action on the newly detected threats. Its real time blocking capability helps you to prevent the attacks, downloads and installation of any kinds of kinds and removing most aggressive malware. It has special feature to perform system booting in customized environment and remediate malware at the lower level of the system. Most importantly, Spyhunter scans the cookies that are possibly representing privacy issues.
Instructions to Download and Install the latest Spyhunter 5
- You can simply download Sphunter from link given below.
- After the download, you will see SpyHunter-Installer.exe file on the browsers at the bottom-left corner. Double-click on it to open it:
- Confirm With “Yes” on the User Account Control
- Choose the Preferred language
- Click Continue to precede the installation steps
- Now the installation process will begin. Wait, till the process is completed. It takes a few minutes
- Once the process is completed, you will see a Finish Click on it to complete the process of installation of the application.
Steps to perform System Scan using SpyHunter
- After the application installation, the SpyHunter 5 anti-malware tool will launch automatically. However, if it does not, then locate the SpyHunter icon on the desktop or click Start > Programs > Select SpyHunter.
- On the application page, you will find home tab on the left top corner. Click on it and select Start Scan Now button. The antivirus tool will then start the scanning for threats and system vulnerabilities
- The scanning results will show system errors, vulnerabilities and malware found, if any
Note: To continue and perform the detected threats, you require full product. Below, the step-by-step instruction to register for the SpyHunter is provided for you:
How to Register for SpyHunter
On the top right corner of the program window, there is a Register option. Click on it and follow the instructions
- Once you have registered, you will be provided Username and Password. Click on the Account Tab of the settings section and enter the provided username and password. Thereafter, you can avail the full feature of the app for your computer
- SpyHunter will provide the scanning results in a category wise such as Malware, PUPs, Privacy, Vulnerabilities and Whitelisted objects -as you see below
- Select the objects that you would like to remove and click the Next button
The selected objects will go SpyHunter’s Quarantine and so you can easily restore it anytime through Restore feature.
- To locate any object
Go to Malware/PC Scan tab and click on Quarantine tab
In this section, select the checkbox at the left of the object and click on the Restore button
- To perform removal of an object
Just select the object on the checkbox at the left displayed in the Malware PUPs or Privacy tabs. This allows you select and deselect all objects displayed on specific tab.
Steps to restore individual files
To restore a file, right click over it, go into the properties and select the previous version tab. If this file has the Restore Point, select it and click on Restore button
You should boot your device using a rescue disk, in case you are not able to start your device in Safe Mode with Networking (or with Command Prompt). For this you require access to another computer.
To gain control over the .bclaw file virus encrypted files, you can use a program called Shadow Explorer.
More on Shadow Explorer application
After installing this application, you will see the shortcut of it to the desktop in the start menu. Running this app does not require administrative privileges from version 0.5. But in certain circumstances, it can be helpful to run ShadowExplorer with elevated privileges -using right click, run as administrator.
- When you install the app as administrator, first thing you see is the user account control screen requesting administrator privileges
- This is the picture of the app when everything works correctly
- From the drop down list, select one of the available point in the time Shadow Copies
- You can export any file or folder by a right click on it
- Then, choose a folder where you want those files from t he Shadow Copy are saved to
- The image shows the status of the retrieval process
- The app may ask for your confirmation before overwriting in case if a file or folder in the destination directly already exists. Click on Do not show this dialog box, after this it won’t be shown ever again
- You will be given an reset the previous decision as well in the settings dialog
Important discussion: Now, you are familiar with ransomware and its impact on the infected PC. What we mean to say that the ransomware viruses are said to be deadly threats. And therefore, better for you to take adequate protection to avoid the attacks on your work station. For safety, you should use some reputable antivirus suite like Spyhunter that artificially implants the group policy objects into the registry to block rogue apps like .bclaw file virus.
Note that in Windows 10 Fall Creators Update, you will get a unique feature called Controlled Folder Access that blocks ransomware attempts to encrypt the crucial files like Documents, Pictures, Videos, Music, Favorites and Desktop folders.
Thus, Windows 10 users should take this privilege and must install the update to protect their data ransomware attacks. To know more on how to get this update and add an additional protection layer from ransomware infection, click here.
How to recover the data encrypted by .bclaw file virus?
We have already discussed two important data recovery methods, i.e., the System Restore and Shadow Volume Copies. Hope so, these methods work in your case. However, if these options are not enough for you for the data recovery, you need to switch to another data recovery option that is use the data recovery tool. Such tools work on the basis of system scanning and recovery algorithm. They operate by searching the partitions to locate the original files (deleted, corrupted or damaged by the malware). Before using this option, certain things you should keep in mind:
- Do not re-install the Windows OS -this leads the previous copies permanently deleted
- Clean the work station from .bclaw file virus infection
- Leave the files as they are
Follow these instructions:
- Download the data recovery software in the Work-station from the link below
- Execute the installer by clicking on the downloaded files
3. You will see a license agreement page on the screen, click on Accept button to agree its terms to use and then follow the on-screen instruction and then click on Finish button
4. The programs executes automatically after the install. You just select the file types that you want to recover and click on the “Next” button
5. Select the drive on which you want the software to run, execute the recovery process and click on scan button
6. The restoration process begins soon you select the file types for scanning. The process may take times depending on the selected drive and number of files. Once this process gets completed, a preview for the data that are to be recovered appears on a data explorer screen. Here, select the files you want to restore.
7. After this, locate the locations where you want to save the recovered files