Tips To Delete BlackMamba ransomware
BlackMamba ransomware is a dangerous crypto-virus that uses AES cipher to encrypt files stored inside the Windows computers once gets installed. It locks images, office documents, audios, videos, archives etc. and makes victims unable to open them again. The real objective of the criminals behind such lethal attacks is to make victims pay for decryption key. It is also important to mention that this file-encrypting malware deletes backup copies of files and system restore points in order to make users unable to restore those data themselves. The main reason behind the penetration of such hazardous threats is the flaws in users’ network settings.
More About BlackMamba ransomware:
Unlike other file-encoding viruses, BlackMamba ransomware doesn’t rename the compromised files. After locking the targeted files, it displays a ransom note in a pop-up window. The note informs victims regarding the attack and also states that the data can only be accessed using the decryption key that can be purchased for $30 from the attackers. The amount has to be paid in BitCoins cryptocurrency that has to be transferred in the provided BTC wallet address. It is also mentioned that the device should not be rebooted and Task Manger, Command Prompt or other this type of feature should not be utilized.
Should You Pay the Ransom?
Most of the times, data encrypted by BlackMamba ransomware or any other crypto-viruses can’t be accessed without using the proper decryption tool. But, there is no need of paying ransom to the hackers as they will not decode your files even after taking the extortion. It has been tendency of such criminals that they usually ignore the victims once the payment is made or provide rogue software in the name of decryption tool. In addition to that, paying ransom to such people will only encourage them to cause more such attacks for future revenues.
What Should The Victims Do?
If you are a victimized person, first of all you should perform BlackMamba ransomware removal from the computer immediately. As far as restoring the infected files is concerned, you should use backups saved on any external drive or in its absence, you can try a powerful file-recovery application. You should be very careful while choosing a recovery application as scammers may try to trick you into purchasing a dubious software. Using the link provided under this article, you can download a legitimate and effective data-recovery program.
Name: BlackMamba ransomware
Type: Ransomware, File-encrypting malware, Crypto-virus
Short Description: Perilous virus which encrypts files and then asks victims to pay the attackers a hefty sum of ransom to get the decryption software/key.
Ransom Notes: Pop-up window
Criminals’ Contact: [email protected]
BTC Wallet Address: 13AM4VW2dhxYgXeQepoHkHSQuy6NgaEb94
Symptoms: Encrypted data become inaccessible and useless stored inside the infected PCs, previous functional data now have different extension, a pop-up window is exhibited and a ransom note is put on each affected folder. Users are asked to pay an amount of ransom to unlock their encrypted files.
Distribution methods: Spam emails, peer to peer network sharing, unofficial activation and updating tools.
Damage: All files are encrypted and cannot be accessed without paying ransom, Additional password stealing Trojans and malware infections can be installed along with ransomware infections and other malware.
Removal: To remove this virus from the system, we advise you to use a reliable anti-malware tool. Once malware gets removed, you can recover your files by using existing backup or data-recovery software.
Penetration of BlackMamba ransomware:
To prevent your computer from such lethal attacks, it is important to be very careful web surfing and opening emails coming from unknown sources. First check the legitimacy of the mails and scan the attachment using a reputable anti-malware tool. In case your PC is already infected with this crypto-virus, you must remove BlackMamba ransomware from the device without wasting any time.
Text Presented In The Pop-up Window:
Ooops! All your important files are encrypted!
What happend to my computer?
All your videos, photos, databases and other files are no longer accessible because they have been encrypted
Can i recover my files?
Sure but you have to pay $30 in bitcoin
What if i have already paid?
Send e-mail to us ([email protected]) we send you decryption code
+Don’t restart your computer
+Don’t run task manager, cmd etc
Our bitcoin adress: 13AM4VW2dhxYgXeQepoHkHSQuy6NgaEb94
In order to remove BlackMamba ransomware, follow any of the two steps:
- Remove BlackMamba ransomware using “Safe Mode with Networking”
- Remove BlackMamba ransomware using “System Restore”
Remove BlackMamba ransomware using Safe Mode with Networking
Step 1: Restart the system in Safe Mode with Networking before you attempt to eliminate BlackMamba ransomware.
- Click Start > Shutdown > Restart > Ok
- Wait till the computer becomes active
- After the Windows screen appear, start pressing F8 multiple times until you see Advanced Boot Options Window
- Select Safe Mode Networking from the list
Windows 10/Windows 8
- Press the Power button on Windows login screen and then press and hold Shift button on the keyboard
- Then, click on Restart
- Now, Select Troubleshoot> Advanced options> Start up settings and finally press Restart
- When computer becomes active, click Enable Safe Mode with Networking in startup settings Window
Step 2: Remove BlackMamba ransomware
Login to the infected device, start the browser and download Spyhunter or other legit anti-virus program. Before performing system scan, update it and remove the malicious files belong to the ransomware and then complete the BlackMamba ransomware removal.
If the ransomware has blocked the Safe Mode with Networking, try further method.
Remove BlackMamba ransomware using System Restore
This feature offers the ability to restore the device to the previous state.
Step 1: Reboot the device with Safe Mode with Command Prompt
- Click Start> Shutdown > Restart >OK
- When system becomes active, press F8 button multiple times till Advanced Boot options Window appear
- Select Command Prompt from the list
Windows 10/Windows 8
- Press the Power button at the Windows login screen and then press and hold Shift button on the keyboard and click Restart
- Select Troubleshoot > Advanced options > Startup Settings and finally press Restart
- Once the computer becomes active, select the Enable Safe Mode with Command Prompt in Startup settings Window
Step 2: Restore the system files and settings
- Once the Command Prompt Window shows up, enter cd restore and click Enter
2. Now, type rstrui.exe and press Enter
3. In the opened Window, click “Next”
4. Select the zonal point that is prior the infiltration of BlackMamba ransomware. After doing this, click “Next”
5. Now click yes to Start System restore
Once you restore the system to the previous data, download and scan the device some reputable antivirus tool such as Spyhunter to ensure that BlackMamba ransomware removal is performed successfully.
You can use Windows Previous Version feature to restore the individual files that were affected. This method will be the effective one if the System Restore function was enabled on the compromised device.
Note that, some of the BlackMamba ransomware variants are known to delete Shadow Volume Copies of the files, and therefore, this method is not the sure shot for the data recovery.
SpyHunter is an anti-malware tool that scans the device for searching and identifying malware attacks, block malware, adware, spyware and other potentially unwanted applications. Its scanning algorithm and programming logics are continually updated and therefore it tactics the latest malware infections as well.
More about Spyhunter
SpyHunter is a very advanced scanning architecture. It features multi layered system scanner that helps it on detecting old as well as new viruses. It provides an option to customize the scans as well. Its other helpful feature includes the cloud based capability for detecting highly advanced and sophisticated malware and providing complete protection from it. It also offers the feature of scanning the particular drivers or folders, previous scan log view, manage the quarantined objects and also pick that objects that you wish to be excluded from the future scan.
The antivirus tool especially focused son taking quick action on the newly detected threats. Its real time blocking capability helps you to prevent the attacks, downloads and installation of any kinds of kinds and removing most aggressive malware. It has special feature to perform system booting in customized environment and remediate malware at the lower level of the system. Most importantly, Spyhunter scans the cookies that are possibly representing privacy issues.
Instructions to Download and Install the latest Spyhunter 5
- You can simply download Sphunter from link given below.
- After the download, you will see SpyHunter-Installer.exe file on the browsers at the bottom-left corner. Double-click on it to open it:
- Confirm With “Yes” on the User Account Control
- Choose the Preferred language
- Click Continue to precede the installation steps
- Now the installation process will begin. Wait, till the process is completed. It takes a few minutes
- Once the process is completed, you will see a Finish Click on it to complete the process of installation of the application.
Steps to perform System Scan using SpyHunter
- After the application installation, the SpyHunter 5 anti-malware tool will launch automatically. However, if it does not, then locate the SpyHunter icon on the desktop or click Start > Programs > Select SpyHunter.
- On the application page, you will find home tab on the left top corner. Click on it and select Start Scan Now button. The antivirus tool will then start the scanning for threats and system vulnerabilities
- The scanning results will show system errors, vulnerabilities and malware found, if any
Note: To continue and perform the detected threats, you require full product. Below, the step-by-step instruction to register for the SpyHunter is provided for you:
How to Register for SpyHunter
On the top right corner of the program window, there is a Register option. Click on it and follow the instructions
- Once you have registered, you will be provided Username and Password. Click on the Account Tab of the settings section and enter the provided username and password. Thereafter, you can avail the full feature of the app for your computer
- SpyHunter will provide the scanning results in a category wise such as Malware, PUPs, Privacy, Vulnerabilities and Whitelisted objects -as you see below
- Select the objects that you would like to remove and click the Next button
The selected objects will go SpyHunter’s Quarantine and so you can easily restore it anytime through Restore feature.
- To locate any object
Go to Malware/PC Scan tab and click on Quarantine tab
In this section, select the checkbox at the left of the object and click on the Restore button
- To perform removal of an object
Just select the object on the checkbox at the left displayed in the Malware PUPs or Privacy tabs. This allows you select and deselect all objects displayed on specific tab.
Steps to restore individual files
To restore a file, right click over it, go into the properties and select the previous version tab. If this file has the Restore Point, select it and click on Restore button
You should boot your device using a rescue disk, in case you are not able to start your device in Safe Mode with Networking (or with Command Prompt). For this you require access to another computer.
To gain control over the BlackMamba ransomware encrypted files, you can use a program called Shadow Explorer.
More on Shadow Explorer application
After installing this application, you will see the shortcut of it to the desktop in the start menu. Running this app does not require administrative privileges from version 0.5. But in certain circumstances, it can be helpful to run ShadowExplorer with elevated privileges -using right click, run as administrator.
- When you install the app as administrator, first thing you see is the user account control screen requesting administrator privileges
- This is the picture of the app when everything works correctly
- From the drop down list, select one of the available point in the time Shadow Copies
- You can export any file or folder by a right click on it
- Then, choose a folder where you want those files from t he Shadow Copy are saved to
- The image shows the status of the retrieval process
- The app may ask for your confirmation before overwriting in case if a file or folder in the destination directly already exists. Click on Do not show this dialog box, after this it won’t be shown ever again
- You will be given an reset the previous decision as well in the settings dialog
Important discussion: Now, you are familiar with ransomware and its impact on the infected PC. What we mean to say that the ransomware viruses are said to be deadly threats. And therefore, better for you to take adequate protection to avoid the attacks on your work station. For safety, you should use some reputable antivirus suite like Spyhunter that artificially implants the group policy objects into the registry to block rogue apps like BlackMamba ransomware.
Note that in Windows 10 Fall Creators Update, you will get a unique feature called Controlled Folder Access that blocks ransomware attempts to encrypt the crucial files like Documents, Pictures, Videos, Music, Favorites and Desktop folders.
Thus, Windows 10 users should take this privilege and must install the update to protect their data ransomware attacks. To know more on how to get this update and add an additional protection layer from ransomware infection, click here.
How to recover the data encrypted by BlackMamba ransomware?
We have already discussed two important data recovery methods, i.e., the System Restore and Shadow Volume Copies. Hope so, these methods work in your case. However, if these options are not enough for you for the data recovery, you need to switch to another data recovery option that is use the data recovery tool. Such tools work on the basis of system scanning and recovery algorithm. They operate by searching the partitions to locate the original files (deleted, corrupted or damaged by the malware). Before using this option, certain things you should keep in mind:
- Do not re-install the Windows OS -this leads the previous copies permanently deleted
- Clean the work station from BlackMamba ransomware infection
- Leave the files as they are
Follow these instructions:
- Download the data recovery software in the Work-station from the link below
- Execute the installer by clicking on the downloaded files
3. You will see a license agreement page on the screen, click on Accept button to agree its terms to use and then follow the on-screen instruction and then click on Finish button
4. The programs executes automatically after the install. You just select the file types that you want to recover and click on the “Next” button
5. Select the drive on which you want the software to run, execute the recovery process and click on scan button
6. The restoration process begins soon you select the file types for scanning. The process may take times depending on the selected drive and number of files. Once this process gets completed, a preview for the data that are to be recovered appears on a data explorer screen. Here, select the files you want to restore.
7. After this, locate the locations where you want to save the recovered files