Easy Steps To Delete [[email protected]].lock ransomware
[[email protected]].lock ransomware is a very dangerous crypto-malware that has ability to infiltrate any Windows computers by stealth and encrypt files and documents stored inside the machine. Belonging to the family of well-known Dharma Ransomware, this precarious file-locking virus can compromise almost all types of data including videos, audios, images, documents, presentations etc. During the encryption, it changes the extension of the infected files and adds “.[[email protected]].lock ransomware” with each of them as suffix. It marks all your important data with this unique extension and makes them completely inaccessible. After that, victims require a private decryption key to decrypt those files.
Depth Analysis of [[email protected]].lock ransomware:
Following successful encryption, [[email protected]].lock ransomware leaves a ransom note on each affected folder and informs victims regarding the attack and also provides the data-recovery instruction. It states that to recover the locked files, you must purchase the decryption software from the attackers. The price of the tool may be in the range of $200 to $1500 that has to be paid in BitCoins cryptocurrency. Hackers might also offer to decrypt a few infected files for free to prove that the files-recovery is possible.
Should You Pay The Ransom?
Although, there is no any method to restore the data locked by [[email protected]].lock ransomware other than using the proper decryption tool but still, you should not consider dealing with the attackers under any circumstance. Remember that the only motive of such people is to extort illicit revenues from the victimized users. They don’t assure that they will provide the required decryptor even after taking the extortion. There are multiple occasions when crooks just disappeared once the payment is made and caused victims to lose both files as well as money.
How To Recover The Locked Files?
Before you try to restore the encrypted files, you should focus on [[email protected]].lock ransomware removal from the computer as early as possible. This is because these file-locking viruses have tendency to keep compromising other essential files as long as they stay inside the device. For data-recovery, you can use other techniques such as Volume shadow copies (temporary backups made by OS). However, in case this perilous malware has deleted the shadow volume, you should use backups that you have saved on any external drive and in its absence, you can try a powerful file-recovery application.
Name: [[email protected]].lock ransomware
Type: Ransomware, File-encrypting malware, Crypto-virus
Short Description: Precarious virus which encodes data and then asks victims to pay the attackers a hefty sum of ransom to get the decryption software/key.
Extension: “.[[email protected]].lock”
Symptoms: Locked files become inaccessible and useless stored inside the infected PCs, previous functional data now have different extension, a ransom demanding message is put on each affected folder. Users are asked to pay an amount of ransom to unlock their encrypted files.
Distribution methods: Spam emails, peer to peer network sharing, unofficial activation and updating tools.
Damage: All files are encrypted and cannot be accessed without paying ransom, Additional password stealing Trojans and malware infections can be installed along with ransomware infections and other malware.
Removal: To remove this virus from the system, we advise you to use a reliable anti-malware tool. Once malware gets removed, you can recover your files by using existing backup or data-recovery software.
Penetration of [[email protected]].lock ransomware:
These crypto-viruses can be distributed through several illusive methods. Though it is not easy to determine what exactly method used by a particular ransomware to sneak into the targeted system, however, hackers mostly employ malspam campaigns to spread such infections. Criminals send thousands of dubious emails that are disguised as ‘important’ or ‘crucial’ or pretend to be from some well-known companies or institutions. Nonetheless, these emails usually contain malicious attachments which when run, opened or otherwise executed, triggers the virus installation process. Apart from this, you can also get infected with hazardous threats when you visit infectious domains like torrent or porn. These types of web pages cause forced redirections of browsers to potentially dangerous sites.
How To Prevent Such Attacks?
To avoid the risk of getting infected with [[email protected]].lock ransomware or other crypto-viruses, it is important to be very attentive while surfing the web. Download any program or software from reliable sites, official sources, direct links only and stay away from third-party downloaders, installers, Peer-to-Peer sharing networks etc. as much as you can. Whenever you receive an email from unknown sender, you should first scan the attachment with a reputable anti-malware tool and open it only if you find nothing suspicious. In case your PC is already infected with this deadly parasite, you must remove [[email protected]].lock ransomware from the computer without wasting any time.
Text Presented In The Ransom Note:
All your files have been encrypted!
Don’t worry,you can return all your files!
If you want to restore them, follow this link:email [email protected]
If you have not been answered via the link within 12 hours, write to us by e-mail:[email protected]
You have to pay for decryption in Bitcoins. The price depends on how fast you write to us. After payment we will send you the decryption tool that will decrypt all your files.
Free decryption as guarantee
Before paying you can send us up to 1 file for free decryption. The total size of files must be less than 1Mb (non archived), and files should not contain valuable information. (databases,backups, large excel sheets, etc.)
How to obtain Bitcoins
The easiest way to buy bitcoins is LocalBitcoins site. You have to register, click ‘Buy bitcoins’, and select the seller by payment method and price.
Also you can find other places to buy Bitcoins and beginners guide here:
Do not rename encrypted files.
Do not try to decrypt your data using third party software, it may cause permanent data loss.
Decryption of your files with the help of third parties may cause increased price (they add their fee to our) or you can become a victim of a scam.
In order to remove [[email protected]].lock ransomware, follow any of the two steps:
- Remove [[email protected]].lock ransomware using “Safe Mode with Networking”
- Remove [[email protected]].lock ransomware using “System Restore”
Remove [[email protected]].lock ransomware using Safe Mode with Networking
Step 1: Restart the system in Safe Mode with Networking before you attempt to eliminate [[email protected]].lock ransomware.
- Click Start > Shutdown > Restart > Ok
- Wait till the computer becomes active
- After the Windows screen appear, start pressing F8 multiple times until you see Advanced Boot Options Window
- Select Safe Mode Networking from the list
Windows 10/Windows 8
- Press the Power button on Windows login screen and then press and hold Shift button on the keyboard
- Then, click on Restart
- Now, Select Troubleshoot> Advanced options> Start up settings and finally press Restart
- When computer becomes active, click Enable Safe Mode with Networking in startup settings Window
Step 2: Remove [[email protected]].lock ransomware
Login to the infected device, start the browser and download Spyhunter or other legit anti-virus program. Before performing system scan, update it and remove the malicious files belong to the ransomware and then complete the [[email protected]].lock ransomware removal.
If the ransomware has blocked the Safe Mode with Networking, try further method.
Remove [[email protected]].lock ransomware using System Restore
This feature offers the ability to restore the device to the previous state.
Step 1: Reboot the device with Safe Mode with Command Prompt
- Click Start> Shutdown > Restart >OK
- When system becomes active, press F8 button multiple times till Advanced Boot options Window appear
- Select Command Prompt from the list
Windows 10/Windows 8
- Press the Power button at the Windows login screen and then press and hold Shift button on the keyboard and click Restart
- Select Troubleshoot > Advanced options > Startup Settings and finally press Restart
- Once the computer becomes active, select the Enable Safe Mode with Command Prompt in Startup settings Window
Step 2: Restore the system files and settings
- Once the Command Prompt Window shows up, enter cd restore and click Enter
2. Now, type rstrui.exe and press Enter
3. In the opened Window, click “Next”
4. Select the zonal point that is prior the infiltration of [[email protected]].lock ransomware. After doing this, click “Next”
5. Now click yes to Start System restore
Once you restore the system to the previous data, download and scan the device some reputable antivirus tool such as Spyhunter to ensure that [[email protected]].lock ransomware removal is performed successfully.
You can use Windows Previous Version feature to restore the individual files that were affected. This method will be the effective one if the System Restore function was enabled on the compromised device.
Note that, some of the [[email protected]].lock ransomware variants are known to delete Shadow Volume Copies of the files, and therefore, this method is not the sure shot for the data recovery.
SpyHunter is an anti-malware tool that scans the device for searching and identifying malware attacks, block malware, adware, spyware and other potentially unwanted applications. Its scanning algorithm and programming logics are continually updated and therefore it tactics the latest malware infections as well.
More about Spyhunter
SpyHunter is a very advanced scanning architecture. It features multi layered system scanner that helps it on detecting old as well as new viruses. It provides an option to customize the scans as well. Its other helpful feature includes the cloud based capability for detecting highly advanced and sophisticated malware and providing complete protection from it. It also offers the feature of scanning the particular drivers or folders, previous scan log view, manage the quarantined objects and also pick that objects that you wish to be excluded from the future scan.
The antivirus tool especially focused son taking quick action on the newly detected threats. Its real time blocking capability helps you to prevent the attacks, downloads and installation of any kinds of kinds and removing most aggressive malware. It has special feature to perform system booting in customized environment and remediate malware at the lower level of the system. Most importantly, Spyhunter scans the cookies that are possibly representing privacy issues.
Instructions to Download and Install the latest Spyhunter 5
- You can simply download Sphunter from link given below.
- After the download, you will see SpyHunter-Installer.exe file on the browsers at the bottom-left corner. Double-click on it to open it:
- Confirm With “Yes” on the User Account Control
- Choose the Preferred language
- Click Continue to precede the installation steps
- Now the installation process will begin. Wait, till the process is completed. It takes a few minutes
- Once the process is completed, you will see a Finish Click on it to complete the process of installation of the application.
Steps to perform System Scan using SpyHunter
- After the application installation, the SpyHunter 5 anti-malware tool will launch automatically. However, if it does not, then locate the SpyHunter icon on the desktop or click Start > Programs > Select SpyHunter.
- On the application page, you will find home tab on the left top corner. Click on it and select Start Scan Now button. The antivirus tool will then start the scanning for threats and system vulnerabilities
- The scanning results will show system errors, vulnerabilities and malware found, if any
Note: To continue and perform the detected threats, you require full product. Below, the step-by-step instruction to register for the SpyHunter is provided for you:
How to Register for SpyHunter
On the top right corner of the program window, there is a Register option. Click on it and follow the instructions
- Once you have registered, you will be provided Username and Password. Click on the Account Tab of the settings section and enter the provided username and password. Thereafter, you can avail the full feature of the app for your computer
- SpyHunter will provide the scanning results in a category wise such as Malware, PUPs, Privacy, Vulnerabilities and Whitelisted objects -as you see below
- Select the objects that you would like to remove and click the Next button
The selected objects will go SpyHunter’s Quarantine and so you can easily restore it anytime through Restore feature.
- To locate any object
Go to Malware/PC Scan tab and click on Quarantine tab
In this section, select the checkbox at the left of the object and click on the Restore button
- To perform removal of an object
Just select the object on the checkbox at the left displayed in the Malware PUPs or Privacy tabs. This allows you select and deselect all objects displayed on specific tab.
Steps to restore individual files
To restore a file, right click over it, go into the properties and select the previous version tab. If this file has the Restore Point, select it and click on Restore button
You should boot your device using a rescue disk, in case you are not able to start your device in Safe Mode with Networking (or with Command Prompt). For this you require access to another computer.
To gain control over the [[email protected]].lock ransomware encrypted files, you can use a program called Shadow Explorer.
More on Shadow Explorer application
After installing this application, you will see the shortcut of it to the desktop in the start menu. Running this app does not require administrative privileges from version 0.5. But in certain circumstances, it can be helpful to run ShadowExplorer with elevated privileges -using right click, run as administrator.
- When you install the app as administrator, first thing you see is the user account control screen requesting administrator privileges
- This is the picture of the app when everything works correctly
- From the drop down list, select one of the available point in the time Shadow Copies
- You can export any file or folder by a right click on it
- Then, choose a folder where you want those files from t he Shadow Copy are saved to
- The image shows the status of the retrieval process
- The app may ask for your confirmation before overwriting in case if a file or folder in the destination directly already exists. Click on Do not show this dialog box, after this it won’t be shown ever again
- You will be given an reset the previous decision as well in the settings dialog
Important discussion: Now, you are familiar with ransomware and its impact on the infected PC. What we mean to say that the ransomware viruses are said to be deadly threats. And therefore, better for you to take adequate protection to avoid the attacks on your work station. For safety, you should use some reputable antivirus suite like Spyhunter that artificially implants the group policy objects into the registry to block rogue apps like [[email protected]].lock ransomware.
Note that in Windows 10 Fall Creators Update, you will get a unique feature called Controlled Folder Access that blocks ransomware attempts to encrypt the crucial files like Documents, Pictures, Videos, Music, Favorites and Desktop folders.
Thus, Windows 10 users should take this privilege and must install the update to protect their data ransomware attacks. To know more on how to get this update and add an additional protection layer from ransomware infection, click here.
How to recover the data encrypted by [[email protected]].lock ransomware?
We have already discussed two important data recovery methods, i.e., the System Restore and Shadow Volume Copies. Hope so, these methods work in your case. However, if these options are not enough for you for the data recovery, you need to switch to another data recovery option that is use the data recovery tool. Such tools work on the basis of system scanning and recovery algorithm. They operate by searching the partitions to locate the original files (deleted, corrupted or damaged by the malware). Before using this option, certain things you should keep in mind:
- Do not re-install the Windows OS -this leads the previous copies permanently deleted
- Clean the work station from [[email protected]].lock ransomware infection
- Leave the files as they are
Follow these instructions:
- Download the data recovery software in the Work-station from the link below
- Execute the installer by clicking on the downloaded files
3. You will see a license agreement page on the screen, click on Accept button to agree its terms to use and then follow the on-screen instruction and then click on Finish button
4. The programs executes automatically after the install. You just select the file types that you want to recover and click on the “Next” button
5. Select the drive on which you want the software to run, execute the recovery process and click on scan button
6. The restoration process begins soon you select the file types for scanning. The process may take times depending on the selected drive and number of files. Once this process gets completed, a preview for the data that are to be recovered appears on a data explorer screen. Here, select the files you want to restore.
7. After this, locate the locations where you want to save the recovered files