Tips To Delete [[email protected]].gac ransomware
[[email protected]].gac ransomware is a very dangerous file-encrypting malware that has ability to sneak into any Windows PCs without users’ approval and lock all their essential files and data stored inside the systems. It belongs to the family of Dharma ransomware and can compromise almost all types of data including audios, videos, images, PDFs, documents etc. This precarious crypto-virus encrypts the targeted files using a powerful cipher and also renames them by adding victim’s ID, attackers’ email address and appending the “.gac” extension with each of them. Initially upon getting into the work-station, it makes changes to registry settings to get automatically activated with each PC startup and to remain persistent.
More About [[email protected]].gac ransomware:
[[email protected]].gac ransomware creates couple of ransom notes in a pop-up window and “FILES ENCRYPTED.txt” file son after completing the encryption process. These are the ransom notes that inform users about the attack and also instruct them to establish contact with the attackers via the provided email addresses. At the end, you might have to pay the criminals a ransom amount of $200 to $1500 in BitCoins to get the decryption software. Crooks promise that one the ransom is paid, they will provide you the required tool.
Should You Deal With The Attackers?
Whatever the circumstance might be, we highly suggest not paying any sort of ransom to [[email protected]].gac ransomware authors. There are a number of occasions when hackers just disappeared once the ransom is paid or delivered rogue software in the name of decryption tool which leads to even more dilemmas once gets installed. Additionally, paying ransom to such people will only encourage them to trigger more such attacks for further profits. And hence, never trust on the criminals no matter what situation is and try to perform [[email protected]].gac ransomware removal from the device immediately.
How To Restore The Infected Data
As far as recovering the compromised data is concerned, you should use a recently made backup that you have saved on any external drive. However, if you don’t have a proper backup, you can use an effective data-recovery application. Be very careful while choosing a recovery program as crooks may try to deceive you into purchasing a bogus application. Moreover, experts strongly advise to keep making regular backups that can be very useful in restoring the infected or lost files if such nasty situation takes place whenever.
Name: [[email protected]].gac ransomware
Type: Ransomware, File-encrypting malware, Crypto-virus
Short Description: Destructive virus that locks files and then asks victims to pay the attackers a huge amount of ransom to get the decryption software/key.
Ransom Notes: The text presented in the pop-up window and FILES ENCRYPTED.txt
Symptoms: Locked files become inaccessible and useless stored inside the infected PCs, previous functional data now have different extension, a pop-up window is exhibited and a ransom note is put on each affected folder. Users are asked to pay an amount of ransom to unlock their encrypted files.
Distribution methods: Spam emails, peer to peer network sharing, unofficial activation and updating tools.
Damage: All files are encrypted and cannot be accessed without paying ransom, Additional password stealing Trojans and malware infections can be installed along with ransomware infections and other malware.
Removal: To remove this virus from the system, we advise you to use a reliable anti-malware tool. Once malware gets removed, you can recover your files by using existing backup or data-recovery software.
Intrusion of [[email protected]].gac ransomware:
And therefore, you should not open attachments or click on links in emails that you receive from unknown senders. You should scan the attachment using a reputable anti-malware tool before opening it. But at the moment, you must remove [[email protected]].gac ransomware from the computer as early as possible.
Text Presented In The Pop-up Window:
YOUR FILES ARE ENCRYPTED
Don’t worry,you can return all your files!
If you want to restore them, follow this link:email [email protected] YOUR ID 1E857D00
If you have not been answered via the link within 12 hours, write to us by e-mail:[email protected]
Do not rename encrypted files.
Do not try to decrypt your data using third party software, it may cause permanent data loss.
Decryption of your files with the help of third parties may cause increased price (they add their fee to our) or you can become a victim of a scam.
Text Presented In The “FILES ENCRYPTED.txt” File:
all your data has been locked us
You want to return?
In order to remove [[email protected]].gac ransomware, follow any of the two steps:
- Remove [[email protected]].gac ransomware using “Safe Mode with Networking”
- Remove [[email protected]].gac ransomware using “System Restore”
Remove [[email protected]].gac ransomware using Safe Mode with Networking
Step 1: Restart the system in Safe Mode with Networking before you attempt to eliminate [[email protected]].gac ransomware.
- Click Start > Shutdown > Restart > Ok
- Wait till the computer becomes active
- After the Windows screen appear, start pressing F8 multiple times until you see Advanced Boot Options Window
- Select Safe Mode Networking from the list
Windows 10/Windows 8
- Press the Power button on Windows login screen and then press and hold Shift button on the keyboard
- Then, click on Restart
- Now, Select Troubleshoot> Advanced options> Start up settings and finally press Restart
- When computer becomes active, click Enable Safe Mode with Networking in startup settings Window
Step 2: Remove [[email protected]].gac ransomware
Login to the infected device, start the browser and download Spyhunter or other legit anti-virus program. Before performing system scan, update it and remove the malicious files belong to the ransomware and then complete the [[email protected]].gac ransomware removal.
If the ransomware has blocked the Safe Mode with Networking, try further method.
Remove [[email protected]].gac ransomware using System Restore
This feature offers the ability to restore the device to the previous state.
Step 1: Reboot the device with Safe Mode with Command Prompt
- Click Start> Shutdown > Restart >OK
- When system becomes active, press F8 button multiple times till Advanced Boot options Window appear
- Select Command Prompt from the list
Windows 10/Windows 8
- Press the Power button at the Windows login screen and then press and hold Shift button on the keyboard and click Restart
- Select Troubleshoot > Advanced options > Startup Settings and finally press Restart
- Once the computer becomes active, select the Enable Safe Mode with Command Prompt in Startup settings Window
Step 2: Restore the system files and settings
- Once the Command Prompt Window shows up, enter cd restore and click Enter
2. Now, type rstrui.exe and press Enter
3. In the opened Window, click “Next”
4. Select the zonal point that is prior the infiltration of [[email protected]].gac ransomware. After doing this, click “Next”
5. Now click yes to Start System restore
Once you restore the system to the previous data, download and scan the device some reputable antivirus tool such as Spyhunter to ensure that [[email protected]].gac ransomware removal is performed successfully.
You can use Windows Previous Version feature to restore the individual files that were affected. This method will be the effective one if the System Restore function was enabled on the compromised device.
Note that, some of the [[email protected]].gac ransomware variants are known to delete Shadow Volume Copies of the files, and therefore, this method is not the sure shot for the data recovery.
SpyHunter is an anti-malware tool that scans the device for searching and identifying malware attacks, block malware, adware, spyware and other potentially unwanted applications. Its scanning algorithm and programming logics are continually updated and therefore it tactics the latest malware infections as well.
More about Spyhunter
SpyHunter is a very advanced scanning architecture. It features multi layered system scanner that helps it on detecting old as well as new viruses. It provides an option to customize the scans as well. Its other helpful feature includes the cloud based capability for detecting highly advanced and sophisticated malware and providing complete protection from it. It also offers the feature of scanning the particular drivers or folders, previous scan log view, manage the quarantined objects and also pick that objects that you wish to be excluded from the future scan.
The antivirus tool especially focused son taking quick action on the newly detected threats. Its real time blocking capability helps you to prevent the attacks, downloads and installation of any kinds of kinds and removing most aggressive malware. It has special feature to perform system booting in customized environment and remediate malware at the lower level of the system. Most importantly, Spyhunter scans the cookies that are possibly representing privacy issues.
Instructions to Download and Install the latest Spyhunter 5
- You can simply download Sphunter from link given below.
- After the download, you will see SpyHunter-Installer.exe file on the browsers at the bottom-left corner. Double-click on it to open it:
- Confirm With “Yes” on the User Account Control
- Choose the Preferred language
- Click Continue to precede the installation steps
- Now the installation process will begin. Wait, till the process is completed. It takes a few minutes
- Once the process is completed, you will see a Finish Click on it to complete the process of installation of the application.
Steps to perform System Scan using SpyHunter
- After the application installation, the SpyHunter 5 anti-malware tool will launch automatically. However, if it does not, then locate the SpyHunter icon on the desktop or click Start > Programs > Select SpyHunter.
- On the application page, you will find home tab on the left top corner. Click on it and select Start Scan Now button. The antivirus tool will then start the scanning for threats and system vulnerabilities
- The scanning results will show system errors, vulnerabilities and malware found, if any
Note: To continue and perform the detected threats, you require full product. Below, the step-by-step instruction to register for the SpyHunter is provided for you:
How to Register for SpyHunter
On the top right corner of the program window, there is a Register option. Click on it and follow the instructions
- Once you have registered, you will be provided Username and Password. Click on the Account Tab of the settings section and enter the provided username and password. Thereafter, you can avail the full feature of the app for your computer
- SpyHunter will provide the scanning results in a category wise such as Malware, PUPs, Privacy, Vulnerabilities and Whitelisted objects -as you see below
- Select the objects that you would like to remove and click the Next button
The selected objects will go SpyHunter’s Quarantine and so you can easily restore it anytime through Restore feature.
- To locate any object
Go to Malware/PC Scan tab and click on Quarantine tab
In this section, select the checkbox at the left of the object and click on the Restore button
- To perform removal of an object
Just select the object on the checkbox at the left displayed in the Malware PUPs or Privacy tabs. This allows you select and deselect all objects displayed on specific tab.
Steps to restore individual files
To restore a file, right click over it, go into the properties and select the previous version tab. If this file has the Restore Point, select it and click on Restore button
You should boot your device using a rescue disk, in case you are not able to start your device in Safe Mode with Networking (or with Command Prompt). For this you require access to another computer.
To gain control over the [[email protected]].gac ransomware encrypted files, you can use a program called Shadow Explorer.
More on Shadow Explorer application
After installing this application, you will see the shortcut of it to the desktop in the start menu. Running this app does not require administrative privileges from version 0.5. But in certain circumstances, it can be helpful to run ShadowExplorer with elevated privileges -using right click, run as administrator.
- When you install the app as administrator, first thing you see is the user account control screen requesting administrator privileges
- This is the picture of the app when everything works correctly
- From the drop down list, select one of the available point in the time Shadow Copies
- You can export any file or folder by a right click on it
- Then, choose a folder where you want those files from t he Shadow Copy are saved to
- The image shows the status of the retrieval process
- The app may ask for your confirmation before overwriting in case if a file or folder in the destination directly already exists. Click on Do not show this dialog box, after this it won’t be shown ever again
- You will be given an reset the previous decision as well in the settings dialog
Important discussion: Now, you are familiar with ransomware and its impact on the infected PC. What we mean to say that the ransomware viruses are said to be deadly threats. And therefore, better for you to take adequate protection to avoid the attacks on your work station. For safety, you should use some reputable antivirus suite like Spyhunter that artificially implants the group policy objects into the registry to block rogue apps like [[email protected]].gac ransomware.
Note that in Windows 10 Fall Creators Update, you will get a unique feature called Controlled Folder Access that blocks ransomware attempts to encrypt the crucial files like Documents, Pictures, Videos, Music, Favorites and Desktop folders.
Thus, Windows 10 users should take this privilege and must install the update to protect their data ransomware attacks. To know more on how to get this update and add an additional protection layer from ransomware infection, click here.
How to recover the data encrypted by [[email protected]].gac ransomware?
We have already discussed two important data recovery methods, i.e., the System Restore and Shadow Volume Copies. Hope so, these methods work in your case. However, if these options are not enough for you for the data recovery, you need to switch to another data recovery option that is use the data recovery tool. Such tools work on the basis of system scanning and recovery algorithm. They operate by searching the partitions to locate the original files (deleted, corrupted or damaged by the malware). Before using this option, certain things you should keep in mind:
- Do not re-install the Windows OS -this leads the previous copies permanently deleted
- Clean the work station from [[email protected]].gac ransomware infection
- Leave the files as they are
Follow these instructions:
- Download the data recovery software in the Work-station from the link below
- Execute the installer by clicking on the downloaded files
3. You will see a license agreement page on the screen, click on Accept button to agree its terms to use and then follow the on-screen instruction and then click on Finish button
4. The programs executes automatically after the install. You just select the file types that you want to recover and click on the “Next” button
5. Select the drive on which you want the software to run, execute the recovery process and click on scan button
6. The restoration process begins soon you select the file types for scanning. The process may take times depending on the selected drive and number of files. Once this process gets completed, a preview for the data that are to be recovered appears on a data explorer screen. Here, select the files you want to restore.
7. After this, locate the locations where you want to save the recovered files